If you’re looking for a hassle-free, lazy Sunday afternoon snack, you have landed on the right page. This is the perfect Kebab recipe for you that you can enjoy anytime you like without having to do a lot. So, get ready to surprise your kids with this delicious treat.
What Is a Shami Kebab?
Shami Kebabs are made using beef and yellow split peas, herbs, onions, spices, and of course, love. The soft and crunchy texture of these little pieces of heaven will make your mouth water and your heart flutter.
Note: This recipe in particular is prepared using a stovetop and pot. So the steps are written accordingly.
– Ground beef – Yellow split peas – 1 tbsp coriander seeds – 2 green cardamom pods (seeds taken out) – 8 cloves (whole) – 2 tsp black peppercorns (whole) – 2-inch cinnamon stick (broken in pieces) – 1 tsp cumin seeds (toasted or regular) – 1 black cardamom (small)
– 1 cup yellow split peas (cleaned and soaked overnight) – 1.5 lb (680g) preferably, full-fat ground beef – 8-10 garlic cloves – 4½ cups water – 1 ½ inch piece ginger (minced or crushed) – 1 large onion (chopped roughly) – 1 bay leaf (medium to large) – 1 tbsp salt (kosher) – 1 tbsp red chili flakes – 1 tsp cumin seeds – ½ tsp chaat masala (or as required)
– 1 small onion (coarsely chopped) – 1 serrano or Thai green chili pepper (sliced thinly) – ½-⅓ cup cilantro leaves – 2 tbsp mint leaves
– 1 whisked egg
For Frying or Baking:
– Neutral oil – 1-2 whisked eggs
– Start with grinding all the spices together to make the Shami Kabab masala. – Add the lentils, onions, beef, spices to the pot, add in water, cook well and sauté out the extra water and moisture. – Chop up the onion, green chili pepper, and the rest of the herbs in a food processor. Then process the beef and lentil mixture until it becomes smooth in consistency. – Crack an egg in the mixture, mix everything to make patties. Fry in a pan. – Ready to serve!